Healthcare

get involved

In India, 75% of the healthcare infrastructure is concentrated in urban areas, comprising only 27% of our total population. The remaining 73% of the country’s population lacks proper primary healthcare facilities

OxyBus-Let Karnataka Breathe

Joining Karnataka’s fight against the COVID second wave, we focused our efforts towards the need of the hour by launching a fleet of modified buses under the ‘OxyBus-Let Karnataka Breathe’ initiative and ensured that a constant supply of oxygen is made available to people in need, especially those queuing at triage centres and government hospitals.

Since its inception, the OxyBus initiative evolved, as the need for healthcare support shifted from urban to rural parts of the country. It expanded its interventions, from supplying medical oxygen to providing ambulatory services in various taluks of rural Karnataka. The OxyBus initiative ran for the months of May-June 2021.

quality-education

600 people • 9 Vehicles • 5 regions

VacciVan

In July 2021, we teamed up with the Zilla Panchayat of Ramanagara District, Karnataka to launch the VacciVan initiative, to vaccinate the entire district. With an observed decline in vaccinations at primary health centres in the district, the Zilla Panchayat office deployed medical teams into the villages, where people were immunised against and educated on COVID-19. Our VacciVans helped take these medical teams to remote areas and reach thousands of people across villages. In addition to the vaccination camps, we also conducted COVID-safety awareness for people in these villages.

quality-education

104117 vaccinations • 944 villages • 4 talukas

Addressing Vaccine Hesitancy and COVID-Safety Awareness

In conjunction with our Young Warriors campaign with UNICEF’s YuWaah India, that addresses COVID misinformation from door to door in rural households, we joined hands with the StepOne Project to conduct awareness sessions on COVID-safe behaviour and best practices. Specialists from a huge network of doctors addressed our beneficiary communities on the importance and urgency of getting vaccinated. After attending the sessions, we saw an increased conversion rate among people, with greater numbers coming forward to get vaccinated.

These outreach activities will continue in our communities until the pandemic is over. We have started to conduct community vaccination drives, and will soon start distribution of COVID care kits as a precautionary measure for people in our regions.

quality-education

28 warriors • 3 regions

No-cost Ambulatory Service

To tackle the ongoing health crisis through better accessibility, we launched our first free-of-cost ambulatory service in Kurnool district, Andhra Pradesh. Operating between 9 am and 9 pm, the ambulance is available for all emergencies concerning Covid-19 patients as well as trauma & casualties. It aims to boost existing healthcare infrastructure and equip frontline workers with the best possible resources in times of need.

In the coming months, we will run vaccination drives for our beneficiaries and distribute preventive care-kits for COVID as we continue to build resilience in our communities to tackle the pandemic through awareness and outreach programs.

quality-education

60+ people impacted so far

“I am Bhaskar and I shifted to Yemmiganur to complete my graduation.
After working on indoor stadium maintenance and as a driver for rental cars,
I now work with IndiVillage Foundation. I like to serve people in the community,
those who are the needy. I’m happy I’m doing that in this way.”
“I am Bhaskar and I shifted to Yemmiganur to complete my graduation. After working on indoor stadium maintenance and as a driver for rental cars, I now work with IndiVillage Foundation. I like to serve people in the community, those who are the needy. I’m happy I’m doing that in this way.”
– Bhaskar, Our Ambulance Driver, Yemmiganur
volunteer